- Find where your gems live by running sudo gem environment in the command line, Then look for the gem paths.
- Go into Codekit prefs, click on Sass/Scss
- Click on “Use the Sass Executable at this path:” and then navigate to the bin folder at the gem path you found earlier.
- Select sass.bin
- Move over to the Compass tab and follow the same steps, choosing your local copy from the bin folder in you gem path.
- Refresh Codekit and voila!
Without choosing my local copy of Compass gem, I always got the following error message:
Compass was unable to compile one or more files in the project: LoadError on line 2 of /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/zurb-foundation-3.0.9/lib/ZURB-foundation.rb: no such file to load — foundation/version
Run with —trace to see the full backtrace
Now, everything works! :-)