Since Twitter changed their API to the latest version v1.1, my favorite Twitter backup tool Tweet Nest was not working anymore. Thanks to Victor Jacobs there is now a fixed version of Tweet Nest available. Follow the steps below:
- Download a fixed version of Tweet Nest (ZIP file) (more Details here)
- Before doing anything else on the server: Backup your old database used with Tweet Nest! (just in case something will go wrong)
- Move all old files on your server to a „backup“ folder. For example you will need some stuff from your /inc/config.php later
- Upload all files of the downloaded and fixed version of Tweet Nest from above.
- Point your browser to the setup.php file. If you get any errors, your config.php is probably not writable. Change that via your FTP client. Fill out the needed parameters (have a look at your old config.php for your database data).
- Go to http://your-url.com/maintenance/loadtweets.php and if everything worked correctly Tweet Nest loads all missed tweets since the API has changed.
Here we go. Tweet Nest works again :-)